Trains


I still feel that small rush of excitement whenever the train arrives, a small taste of the adrenaline a feel when I’m on a roller coaster or a plane taking off.  For a moment, all other thoughts, all other concerns in your life are drowned out by the roar, the thunder of energy and of life moving forward.  All you have to do is get on, hold on, and be willing to leave things behind.

Earlier this month, I was feeling a little depressed for reasons that, in the big picture of things, are pretty insignificant.  But then, on the train home, I sat behind a guy who had his iPod up so loud I could hear what he was listening to.  Normally this would’ve bothered me, except it was Fun:  “May your past be the sound of your feet on the ground and carry on . . . We are, we are shining stars.  We are invincible, we are who we are.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Gorge Road" Chapter 1

The Evil Lizard Woman from Beacon Hill

"The Gorge Road" Chapter 6